January 29, 2012

A little Q & A


1. My favorite place I've ever traveled to is... 



The only place that really comes to mind is North Padre Island. Husband and I took a few mini-vacations there over the summer, and I took a solo weekend trip as well. It's so beautiful there! It's just a small island, off the coast of Corpus Christi, and not much to do aside from the usual "beach town" stuff. I love going down there and playing with my Nikon-I've been lucky enough to capture some gorgeous photos while down there!


2. Bahamas, Ireland & Italy...



Are all pretty far away, but I'd love the chance to visit all three of them!




3. I pass the time on a plane (or bus, or car ride or train) by...



Reading, listening to music, napping, snacking, etc. I've pretty much become a travel pro in these last few years, what with all the running back and forth across the country and all ;-)


4. My three must-haves when I travel are...



My cell phone(usually for safety, but also double as good reading material/games when I'm not driving), some good road music and of course, my darling husband!


5. My favorite travel companion is... 



My husband and my fur children....I'd be lost without them! Aside from them, though-probably Twin. There's (almost) nothing better than a little adventure with your best friend!


6. The craziest thing that ever happened to me while traveling is... 



While Jeff was deployed, I went home to Portland for about a month in 2010. To avoid driving all that way alone, and due to my insane phobia of flying, I opted to take a Greyhound to make the trip from Missouri. On the way back, our bus was WAY late and we all missed our connections. From there, we were rerouted to Omaha, NE, where we wound up getting stuck for over 24 hours while we waited for a bus that went to where we needed to go, and stuck dealing with some VERY nasty employees in the meantime. I haven't taken a Greyhound since that God-awful trip, and I never will again if I can help it!

7. The most exotic food I've ever tried while traveling is... 



I'm not too into the exotic food thing haha....I think sushi is about the most adventurous I've had the nerve to get! Even then, I will only eat the sushi that is cooked or all rice and vegetable-NO way is anything like raw fish coming anywhere NEAR this girl's tummy! :)

8. If I could live anywhere else, I'd live... 



Missouri. Texas is nice I supposed, but Missouri just feels like home. Rogersville is a really small town, lots of country surrounding it, but close enough to Springfield to not be a huge inconvenience, and we have family all around us up there. We've decided that, once all this army stuff is over and done with, Rogersville is where we will settle for good. It feels safe to me and a perfect place to raise our family when we reach that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment